Friday, November 05, 2004

My advice to you is: Do not give an advice to anyone!

I have a friend called Fahad.
He is a married guy with a daughter, nice and funny.
He talks with an Egyptian accent…

He went to the states to learn English cause he really like to learn and improve him self (and that a problem to me! And that why I'm writing this post)
In his goodbye party, he was wearing a shirt with writings on it.
On the end of the party, he made an announcement "After one year from now I will be able to read what written on my shirt!"
Then he left to the states, after 3 months he called and he told us he know the phrase "What's up?" then after another 3 months he told us he know the phrase "What's going on?" then after another 3 months he told us that he found out that both phrases approximately have the same meaning!

Another 4 months passed by and he came back to tell us what was written on his shirt was in French!

By now, you know a little about Fahad…

So let me tell you why you shouldn't give an advice to someone like him.

He came to me with a problem in where he works, the problem was that he was asked to make an e-manual for his department but he has little knowledge of computers.
Therefore, I advised him to get a laptop and start learning MS Office®
After few days he got a secondhand laptop and gave it to me to load it up with software, I was hit with a feeling that this will not be the only time I'm going to see his laptop… I was scared to tell you the truth!
I loaded his computer with software he will need to make that damn e-manual and he was rushing me all that time!
I gave him his laptop and I was telling the laptop "I will not say goodbye" but I will say, "See ya later!" my sixth sense was telling me that I would see you again!
After 22 hours and 34 minutes from giving him his laptop back, he called! I can't describe the feeling I had when I saw his name on my phone; I pressed the green handset button and answered
Me: "….Hello?"
Fahad: "Raed! I did something with my laptop the green Start button is on the right of the screen and the clock is on the left!"
Me: "That so strange how can you do something like that?! I think even bill gate can't do that even if bush asked him to do so!"
Fahad: "I don't know what I did!"
Me: "Are you sure you didn't install Arabic Enabled MS Windows XP?"
Fahad: "Who???"
Me: "Did you install any new software… I mean did you insert any CD inside the cup-holder-like CD drive? "
Fahad: "Where???"
Me: "Can I borrow your laptop for few hours?"
Fahad: "Sure, But I need it man to write that manual. And bring back fixed if you don't mind"
Me: "Yeah what ever! Just bring it!"
Fahad: "Chill man! It was your advice to buy a laptop!"
Me: "yeah I noticed"

Don't ask how but I got it fixed.

Few days later, and few visits from Fahad's laptop to me, I got a call from…. Guess who? I answered the phone…
Me: "Fahad's customer service. Raed is speaking. How can I help you?"
Fahad: "Raed! How can I make a link on an adobe acrobat file to open an excel sheet?"
.
.
.

It's been a two weeks since he got that evil laptop and he love to work in my office… He is thinking loud almost the neighbors can hear him...
He is in front of me right now, looking at his laptop working and every now and then, he yells "Ahaaaah!"… "Now I know how!"… "But what if…"

I took a picture of him, Check it out!

Help!

No comments: